About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Saturday 17 August 2013

NoMad Restaurant NYC

I'm sure you will have heard if not already visited, Eleven Madison Park.

Head Chef Daniel Humm's second project was NoMad's, which I heard about whilst reading about NYC restaurants before my trip. Needless to say I had to visit....

So one fine day I dragged my lovely cousin C with me for lunch. We loved how it was in a boutique hotel and loved the interiors even more. Have you checked out their library?! Elegant and tres cool.



House bread - flavoured with scallions and eschalots and served warm, it was delicious!

egg - poached with asparagus, quinoa, parmesan (US$17)
I need to recreate this dish soon... eggs were perfect and the quinoa was toasted so it had a pop to it when biting it.

Slow-cooked halibut fillet with spring peas, saffron and lemon-thyme (US$32)
Creamy lemon-thyme saffron broth with a perfectly cooked piece of fish - the white and green color contrast was stunning.. no?!

Beef - Bone marrow crusted, with ramps, morrels and peas (US$37)
Flavourful and perfectly cooked beef never disappoints, and this version had one crusted with bone marrow...genius! 

I loved this meal because the food was simple but so tasty - clever cooking and beautiful food on a plate never disappoints! Since taking my couz here I believe she's made several returns, a clear indication of her thoughts on this place ;)

Food: ♥
Service: ♥ 1/2
Price: US$40-50 before drinks

NoMad
The Nomad Hotel 
1170 Broadway & 28th Street
New York, NY10001
T: 212 796-1500

No comments: